Monday, May 19, 2014

More chores, more sores

Preparing for my cruise is taking a toll on me. I'm aching all over from crawling through the engine room, from lifting and carrying things to and fro. And most of all, from taking a cruise around the bay yesterday in the dinghy. Oh my sore muscles!


I spent a fair amount of time "rearranging the deck chairs" but this was not a futile effort. It gained us space in the back locker for our survival suits and (soon) our ditch bag and first aid kits.




These are things you want readily available if there is trouble. No use having an emergency kit stashed behind the spare anchor, golf bag, or under the bunk that's laden with extra gear.



I also stashed about 100 bottles of water and a case of soda, etc. You might notice that all the storage compartments are at floor level - I did all this arranging on my knees. 


There are a lot of rooms on this boat. There are 3 staterooms on the lower level, two baths and 3-4 closets. Plus the engine room, fuel tanks, holding tanks, electrical control center, etc.



Moving up one level we have the main cabin with salon and kitchen and bridge. Then going up a half-level to the main deck outside, you can choose to go to the front or rear. From the rear you can go up another half-level to the flying bridge where there are several beds for sunning yourself. If the mattresses were in place...



If you are the captain and want to be up top while you drive, there's another set of controls awaiting at the center of the large bench seat. Tuck and roll, just like a '50's hot rod.


But I suspect most of the time we'll do our navigating while standing inside the main cabin.




No comments:

Post a Comment