Saturday, August 2, 2014

Jason: San Diego to Seattle; a Recap

Jim is in Seattle. I am in San Diego. We are tired. Jim is partying at SeaFair.



I am in recovery mode, having (with great help from my wife) driven the 1200 miles home in the past 2 days.



We are eating Mexican food, having grown tired of food that reminds us of the ocean, and fishermen, and the voyage.


Well, I mean we would be eating non-ocean food if we liked that sort of thing. But we like seafood best, so we are having seafood. On the plate and in the bowl.



Jason is "home" in Seattle's Fisherman's Terminal - and happy, if a boat can be happy.



We tore no splinters from it. The things we broke, we fixed. The maintenance it needs, it is getting.


Here is a map of our route. You may click on it to enlarge it to original size. The red dots show our overnight stops. The green stars show places where we were forced to stay in port to wait for better weather conditions.


There may some other details that need to be covered in the blog. I won't get into all the costs (fuel, parts, preparation, food, drink, port fees, etc.). But I might try to summarize all the benefits that offset the costs -- when I am alert and rested enough to remember some of them.

As for now, I am enjoying being on land where I don't bump my head every 2-3 hours, have to pee out a window because it's too rough to go down to the head, where I can get a whole night's sleep.

Good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment