Thursday, July 23, 2015

Back Onboard Jason

Should the Blog Continue?

A year after the eventful sea journey from San Diego to Seattle, we find ourselves up here again, staying aboard Jason at Fishermen's Terminal slip 8-23. 



We planned to come simply for a quiet vacation - but who ever knows what will happen in the future? Events overtook us, and we responded. Events like this:


1. I got mentally tied in knots over the chance to buy an old wooden boat, up in Canada. A vacation suddenly became both a shopping trip and a chance for self-examination and introspection. "What? Me, buy a boat?"



2. My brother Brian revealed he needed to spread a box of ashes from his dad (my step-father). After an 8-year delay, the need turned into a venture - into the dinghy, through the locks, and out into the wide open salty sea (actually, Puget Sound).


3. As always, GOOD FOOD was part of our adventure.  Crab. Oysters. Salmon. Shrimp. And Sauvignon Blanc. (Plus Salumi)


4. I don't know. We're only on our 2nd day. 

Would you like to know how these events transpired?

If even 1 person responds, I'll continue the blog, explaining, illustrating and enlightening. 

Let me know! I know someone is burning with curiosity...




No comments:

Post a Comment